The Student News Site of Indiana University Kokomo

The Correspondent

The Correspondent

The Correspondent

Fall Activities Fair promotes campus involvement

On Tuesday, August 29th, and Wednesday, August 30th, the alumni hall was overrun with foldable tables with posterboards, and candy laid out on them with the goal of convincing passing students to sign up for their club.  

At the activities fair there is a wide variety of different clubs and events. Each club takes a different approach on how to attract students to their booths. The human resources student organization has a ball drop where you can win different snacks depending on where your ball lands. Weightlifting club has different challenges such as pushups or grip strength to win different prizes.  

“It’s important to get involved and there are multiple different clubs for people with all types of different interests,” Senior Roman Baird said. Baird is the president of the weightlifting club on campus. “The weightlifting club’s main goals are to inspire others, to build relationships, and create a friendly lifting environment,” Baird added. If you are interested in joining check them out on Instagram @cougar_weightlifting.  

“I think the whole ordeal provides great opportunities for students to get involved,” Junior Drew Caldwell said.  

A few of the other clubs that are being displayed are the Esports team, CRU, CCO, Film Society, communication club, Women in Business, along with many others. The full list of student organizations as well as upcoming events can be found on iuklife.iuk.edu.