The Student News Site of Indiana University Kokomo

The Correspondent

The Correspondent

The Correspondent

Baseball extends win streak

The Indiana University Kokomo Men’s Baseball team has caught fire as of late. The Cougars are currently on a nine-game win streak dismantling conference rivals Alice Lloyd and West Virginia Tech. 

The Cougars are tied for first on their side of the conference tied with Oakland City, who they are scheduled to square off against next.  

IU Kokomo started their streak against Lourdes University, beating them in a doubleheader with a combined run of 23-18, winning 11-8 and 12-10.2-10. 

The Cougars next took on Alice Lloyd and dismantled them a combined 41-7 winning 22-2, 6-3, and 13-2, respectively. Tucker Platt, Thomas Obergfell, Riley Garczynski, Jack Leverenz, and Mason Whiteley were crucial to these victories.  

The Cougars then hosted Grace College and ran through them 11-3. Alex Janke recorded 2 hits, 2 RBI (runs batted in), and scored 2 runs himself in an all-around stellar performance. 

West Virginia Tech was next up on the Cougars’ schedule and just like the rest of the Cougars opponents on this stint, they fell in defeat. The Cougars swept them, winning 7-5,7-2, and 6-5.  

The Cougars are tied for first with Oakland City on their side of the bracket with a conference record of 7-2. Point Park is first on the other side with a 9-0 record.