The Student News Site of Indiana University Kokomo

The Correspondent

The Correspondent

The Correspondent

New Bar and grill coming to Kokomo: Roary’s at GolfUP31

No more leaving Kokomo to find something fun to do!

Roarry’s at GolfUp31 is a bar and grill featuring a TopTracer driving range on the
Wildcat Creek Golf Course at 3100 Timber Valley Dr. in Kokomo. Kokomo’s newest attraction is
currently open to the public but will host a grand opening sometime in March.
GolfUp31 has 12 climate-controlled bays that can be reserved online, in-person, or over
the phone. The bay is $40 for an hour of golfing with options to add more time for a reasonable
price.
Servers of Roarry’s Bar and Grill will tend to guests in the bays. Roarry’s has a full-
service bar as well as the ideal menu featuring pizza, wings, salads, and sandwiches.
The bar serves 12 different beers on draft using the Bottom’s Up Draft Beer System,
filling the glass from the bottom up instead of pouring from the top like regular draft systems.
TopTracer technology makes this driving range unique. This is the same technology used
at TopGolf locations. Guests download the TopTracer app during their visit to play virtual
courses with others at the party.

Guests should be aware that Roarry’s at GolfUp31 is a cashless establishment, making it
the first and only in Kokomo.
“We realize this isn’t Carmel or Westfield, but we are proud to be the first [cashless
establishment] in this area” said Rick, a manager of the restaurant.
Currently they have no system of accepting cash but will soon investigate a reverse ATM
concept. Guests can insert their cash into a Visa machine that will put that amount on a Visa card
that can be used at the establishment.
Servers will be able to accept cash tips, despite not being able to accept cash as a form of
payment for the check.