The Student News Site of Indiana University Kokomo

The Correspondent

The Correspondent

The Correspondent

CCO hosts showings of The Chosen

The IU Kokomo Cougar Christian Outreach (CCO) is a Christian student led group on campus that has been showcasing The Chosen on Mondays all semester.  

The Chosen is the first multi-season show about Jesus’s life,” Creators of the show, Angel Studios said. “The Chosen aims to take you deeper into gospel stories by retelling and expanding on the character and core intentions of Jesus and those who knew him.” Angel Studios added.  

“The CCO’s main slogan is transforming college students to transform the world, so in the spirit of that mission, exposing people to Jesus is the high priority,” Joe Toren CCO Campus Pastor said. “I hold the opinion that biblical literacy is at its lowest at any point in Western history both inside the church and outside of it, the Chosen dovetails with the CCO mission at this point of improving biblical literacy.” Toren said.  

While the Christian community is pretty set on The Chosen as an imagination of Jesus’s life and not necessarily the Bible, it has proven to play a large role in introducing today’s generation to the story of Jesus. 

“We first began showing The Chosen on the IQ wall in the Spring of 2023, it has since been relocated to the Cole Conference Room for the time being by the library,” Toren added. “We have our fingers crossed that IU Kokomo allows us to show it in the Spring of 2024.” 

The Chosen is the largest crowd funded television series in history. Season 4 will debut in February of 2024.