The Student News Site of Indiana University Kokomo

The Correspondent

The Correspondent

The Correspondent

Campus Mysteries: Stone marker goes missing

After parking your car by the basketball courts, you take your routine stroll to class. You always elect to walk on the grass when suddenly, your foot sinks further than normal into the ground. “Hm, that’s funny,” You think to yourself as you swore that hole was not there the other day. You walk past the Cole Fitness Center doors and enter the building.  

Rewinding just a tad will take you to the grassy field just before you get to the outside of the building. In the ground used to sit a stone sign marked: “Kingston’s .5-mile loop.” Do not go looking for this now as it is gone, seemingly erased from existence. I thought I was losing my mind! A once-known staple to the campus of Indiana University Kokomo has been removed. The question now is, was it removed by the university? Or perhaps some foul play.  

I spoke with a few locals to get their thoughts on the ordeal. “It’s a sad day in this great campus’s history,” Reverend Harold Hileman told me in the upstairs library bathroom. “I will put forth all my resources to the discovery of more information!” Hileman continued.  

“I do not have the slightest idea what you are talking about,” Ken Waldichuk, a history professor said.  

Suspicious answer from a suspicious character. Waldichuk is leading the race in terms of potential suspects if indeed the slab was stolen. After 200 laps around the campus grounds and being forcibly removed by security, I have deduced that the slab must of either been damaged or stolen. I logically produced this conclusion around lap 122, when I noticed all the other slab markers remained in their place. Whatever is going on here I will figure it out for my name is Detective John Locke and I will uncover the secrets of this university starting with the curious case of the missing slab.