The Student News Site of Indiana University Kokomo

The Correspondent

The Correspondent

The Correspondent

LITYL Conference leads to better futures

On Nov. 8, IU Kokomo presented students with unique opportunities by connecting them with peer mentors. This event was called the Lean in to Your Legacy, or LITYL Conference, and it was held in the Kelley Center. 

In preparation for the LITYL conference, students were allowed to connect with peer mentors via the career center and gain valuable advice on ‘how to leverage’ their presence at the conference for maximum impact and success.  

The Career Center gave students opportunities to meet future employers while gaining valuable insight on how to graduate from IU Kokomo and college in general. Students heard from industry experts and professionals as they shared their path to how they are carving out a respectable career path for themselves.  

This was a great opportunity for students, especially high school students, to get ahead of college life, what to avoid, graduating college, what to take advantage of, and what you should do during college. Engaging in internships to put your best foot forward in carving out a career in the long run for yourself was one of the key topics discussed at this conference 

I would say this was one of the many conferences that I did not take advantage of last year and may have given me valuable insight on some small perks to get an advantage over my peers.  

The Career Center offers many opportunities to find internship and career opportunities that can help students work towards a brighter future. If you have any questions or are curious about what the Career Center can do, please visit kokomo.iu.edu/career-center for more information.